I Found this list a while ago when I was going through my files on my computer and I thought I would share it with you because it is funny, and at the same time, it is completely true!
You know you’re a writer when…
- You consider ink-stained fingers or a pencil in your hair badges of honor.
- You drink coffee purely for the caffeine content.
- You have at least seven large notebooks lying around with important tid-bits scribbled on their pages. You have yet to fill one completely.
- You have several different movie soundtracks on your iPod to inspire you.
- People look at you weird when you tell the voices in your head to be quiet “for one second!”
- You have a bad experience and you try to figure out how to apply it to one of your characters.
- You bounce up and down squealing when you come across a picture on the Internet that matches one of your characters.
- You would rather be chased by a dragon through a tar pit than be subject to yet another writer’s block.
- You willingly share your latest chapter with a perfect stranger, but mysteriously become tight-lipped when family asks what your story’s about.
- You do everything in your power to look like your main character – from styling your hair to buying articles of clothing – hoping it will lend you a better scope of your character.
- You try to draw things from your story but tear your hair out when you see how miserably you’ve failed at capturing your imagination.
- When it comes to a new idea, resistance is futile.
Every time I read this I laugh, because it is the truth! We writers truly are crazy…